The GrowthAfrica Business Scaleup Acceleration Programme is demanding, but so is success! The programme and our support is designed to help you scale your venture, make it investment ready and develop your entrepreneurial leadership.
Applications are now open for our 2019 GrowthAfrica Business Scaleup Accelerator Programme in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and Zambia. We will for each country select 15 ambitious, committed entrepreneurs with high potential to grow and create significant impact with a focus on high impact employment and income generating opportunities.
The GrowthAfrica Acceleration Programme is designed to help you scale your venture, make it investment ready and develop your entrepreneurial leadership with the aim of unlocking significant growth in your business.
What GrowthAfrica offers
- Growth strategy: Led by experienced facilitators, own designed proprietary process and learning methodology that leads to an increase in your revenue and profits
- Catalytic support: Get individualised and tailored business development support from growth catalysts who will walk you through and support you in your business journey
- Financial modelling: Build a financial model for your business growth and investment readiness
- Investment support: Receive support in identification of, access to and engagement with potential and relevant investors
- Peer-peer learning: Connect and benefit from peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs
- Mentorship: You will have a personal executive mentor who will offer you advice and be your sounding board
- Leadership: Acquire tools to develop stronger entrepreneurial leadership
- Networking and partnerships opportunities with GrowthAfrica’s networks locally and internationally
Who are we looking for?
For profit, post revenue business with an innovative product, service or methodology
- Ready to scale the business
- Turnover of min 50,000 USD
- Existed for 2 years or more year
- Dedicated Full time founding team consisting of at least 2 founders
- Full time and dedicated core team
- Open to raising external investment as part of your growth strategy
We are open to all sectors but have a soft spot for:
- IT/mobile solutions
- Financial services and Fintech
- Renewable energy
The programme’s first phase consists of 18 workshop days spread over a 6 months’ period. The programme kicks off with a 5-day visioning bootcamp and then subsequently five 2-days workshops where we establish the foundation and equip you with tools to diagnose your business and devise strategies to optimize your business in all conceivable areas. This part is concluded with 3-day actioning bootcamp where businesses come up with an implementation action plan for their 3-year vision.
After each workshop you will work in-company with the assistance of external business experts, GrowthAfrica growth catalysts and financial modelers. We will be working to implement your new strategies and innovations – boosting your growth trajectory in significant ways.
The second phase of the programme involves 24 months of one-on-one support from the GrowthAfrica team, a pool of external business leaders and support by GrowthAfrica’s investment facilitation team.
Success stories from our entrepreneurs
Goat n’ Chips has greatly benefited from GrowthAfrica . We have made significant enhancements to our supply chain management, operations, customer service and financial & human resource management functions. The result is greater customer satisfaction and retention and better financial performance – Moses Musiwa, Co-founder of Goat n’ Chips
See all our portfolio companies here
What does the programme cost?
GrowthAfrica has created a model where we share in the success, we co-create with you. The model looks at sharing revenue, equity and a success fee on investment raised. A representative of GrowthAfrica will elaborate more of this in person.
- Application opening: October 17th, 2018
- Programme start date: June 2019
- End of phase 1: September 2019
In case you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us: